Friday, November 4, 2011

What Day Is It?

After being in Texas for a little over three weeks, I am trying to adjust to being home. Today was a full one for me..


  • Drove one of my boys down to Colorado Springs (an hour drive) for a tutoring session.
  • Ran to a couple of thrift stores.. it's my guilty pleasure and I scored a pair of J Brand Jeans for $5.99. Thank you to the lovely girl who donated them for her tax write-off. Keep 'em coming girl!
  • Went to Hobby Lobby looking for wall hooks and some wooden/cardboard letters (thank you Pinterest). I realized that my beloved Hobby Lobby has cut back on the discounts. The last two times I've been, there haven't been as many 50% off deals. What happened? I am bargain shopper.. I need big discounts!
  • Quick lunch date with my boy.. love that bonding time!
  • Ran my car through the car wash to get the 4 inches of mud off. It is supposed to snow tomorrow and I wanted it to be fresh and clean.
  • Drove halfway back home and stopped at the grocery store.. Apparently my menfolk survived on Eggos, Cereal, and Nutella while I was away. We had almost nothing in our pantry and fridge.
  • Got home and hit the pavement to get my run in for the day. I didn't really have the energy, but if it snows tomorrow I will not be venturing outside! Plus, I'm signing up to do a 5k in Texas on Thanksgiving. Pray for me.. pray hard.
  • Finally, made dinner and cleaned up... DONE! 

I love my life.. love my boys.. it takes a lot of energy and it's sometimes thankless. But this is the life that I prayed for and I will do my best to see even the challenges as a blessing. The right man is worth the wait, girls, remember that. It isn't always a fairy tale, but it will be your love story. Make it exciting, romantic, amazing and also be okay with the boring, ordinary, same 'ole routine days that you cherish. 


No comments: