Saturday, November 5, 2011

Take Time to Listen

Sometimes we think that the ones we love need so much from us.. we suppose that need quality time, home-cooked meals, a sparkling house, empty laundry baskets... the list could go on and on. 

Tonight I spent time listening to one of the three men in my life. He said something very interesting "I just want to know that I can talk and that someone important to me will listen." Such a simple statement. He loved just sitting on the bed and sharing his heart. He just wants to be heard.. isn't that what we all want? 

It made me step back and think about all how much I pile on my plate,trying to keep my home clean, pantry stocked, and bellies full. Those are all very important and vital ingredients in a strong family.. but really if I can't take the time to stop and listen to my family, then how much of a difference will the other things that I do matter? 


No comments: