Sunday, November 20, 2011

Giving Thanks

Sometimes I feel the need to cry everyday...

Sometimes I feel like the storm that we are enduring will never end...

Sometimes I feel weary and weak, like I can't endure one more battle...

Sometimes I wonder what I could have done to deserve my current circumstances...

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever walk in the purpose that God has created for me...

Sometimes I wonder if He knows my name, knows my heartache, knows that I want to throw in the towel and lose faith...


Then I remember that He has given me promises like these:

2 Corinthians 12:9  - "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."

Philippians 4:13 - "I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength."

Psalms 71: 21 - "You will restore me to even greater honor and even comfort me once again."

Then, I step back and look at the good in my life and the many blessings that God has given me. I am not going without when it comes to my daily needs. HE has provided.

My family took part in an outreach yesterday. We served our community with our church and helped to deliver Thanksgiving dinners to families in need. We were so overcome with blessing by being a blessing to others. We wanted to keep going and delivering, even after we had completed our assignments. There is such healing in reaching out to another family in need. 


Happy Thanksgiving Week! Give thanks for all that you have been blessed with, even if all you have is your next breath.

No comments: