Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Observations From The Scrapyard

As I type this, I'm sitting at the scrapyard, watching what used to be very useful and very expensive objects be discarded like they never had a purpose.

There are cars, furniture, parts of equipment.. All things that were once used on a daily basis, but now sit broken and discarded. It makes me a little sad. But then I remember that all is this "junk" will be recycled and put back together and have a purpose once more.

I feel like our lives sometime parallel this experience... We are thriving and productive, moving through life. Then along comes a trial that knocks us out of productive life and we are broken and feel like we might never have a purpose again.
This verse came to mind:

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." (Revelation 21:5 NIV)

So when it seems like our life has become nothing more than junk and pieces that no longer fit together, remember, He promises to make us new again.

No comments: