Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pressed, Not Crushed

Yesterday, I was struggling with some issues in my life. They are issues that just seem be to resurfacing over and over, each time with more intensity... and I try to stand strong in my faith, but some days, I just feel weary. 

As I was driving down the road, this passage came to mind,  I Corinthians 4:8-9, 
Verse 8  We are hedged in (pressed) on every side [troubled and oppressed in every way], but not cramped or crushed; we suffer embarrassments and are perplexed andunable to find a way out, but not driven to despair;
Verse 9  We are pursued (persecuted and hard driven), but not deserted [to stand alone]; we are struck down to the ground, but never struck out and destroyed;

I was instantly overwhelmed with God's goodness and that while I am questioning why He isn't working as fast as I think I need Him to.. He shows His love for me by reminding me that the trials I am enduring won't be the end of me. Don't you love how the end of verse 9 says NEVER STRUCK OUT AND DESTROYED! I know that I can withstand this time in my life because God will never leave me orforsake me. He will carry me through.

No comments: