Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

Not a minute goes by that I don't thank God that you are alive and celebrating another year of life. For as long as I can remember, you have been my best friend, the one that I have always been able to talk to and you always listen with an open heart. This is still true today.

Our ability to converse as we used to has faced some changes over the last year and half.. but it hasn't changed our relationship. Words may not come easy for us, but it's the touch of your hand, your understanding smile, the way that you cry with me when I cry, and the way that you look me in the eye and speak volumes when the words simply do not come. We both understand that this season that we are living in is just that.. a season. I have NO DOUBT that your speech will be restored...that your complete health will be restored. It's a promise from God and HIS word never returns void. He said in Jeremiah 30:17,that He will restore your health and heal your wounds. We know that God is able. I have heard you tell others that very thing when they were fighting a battle for their healing.  

You are such a blessing to all of us around you. There is a compassion that you have for anyone that you see hurting. I love to hear you pray, it's so powerful. But that is the way that you've always been!

I love you more than words can ever say.. you chose to be my mom and you forever changed my life. Happy Birthday Momma.. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life this year.

No comments: