Thursday, July 7, 2011

Knock Your Socks Off Good..

I recently posted a picture on my Facebook page of a fabulous pizza that I made for dinner. A couple of friends asked for my recipe, so I thought that I would share it with you! It's super easy.. it has to be easy for me because I am sometimes (ok, very often) challenged in the kitchen!






Here ya go:


1 Pizza Crust ( I prefer Boboli or Freschetta Whole Wheat)
1 16 oz. Bag of Pre-Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 
1 clove of garlic
1 jalapeno
10-15 large shrimp
olive oil
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
Salt
Pepper


Preheat your oven to 400. Drizzle olive oil in a bowl and then finely chop your garlic and add it to your olive oil. I let it sit and allow the garlic to infuse the oil while I prepare the rest of my ingredients. I then rinse my shrimp and add them to a hot skillet. I cook them in a tiny bit of olive oil, season them with salt, pepper, and Tony Chachere's. Next, I spread the olive oil and garlic mixture onto my crust, add a layer of cheese, then the cooked shrimp and thinly sliced jalapeno. I add one more layer of mozzarella and sometimes I shave some parmigiano reggiano for some extra added flavor! Place it in your oven for around 15-25 minutes or until the cheese starts bubbly! 


You will crave this pizza regularly! It's so easy and unspeakably delicious! By the way.. I had this pizza at Bella Panini in Palmer Lake. They used crawfish and that one was DELISH, too!


Enjoy!

No comments: