Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Be Kind

I recently found this great quote...

I was reminded that I'm not the only one pushing through, doing all that I can to stand. It's hard to see outside of your circumstances when the trials seem to last and hope is a distant light. Seriously, I have been so weary in the journey that I don't really want to keep going. THERE.. I SAID IT. I've thought, "Lord, really, REALLY?? What are you doing? When will you intervene? Do you see my pain?" I feel like I'm trusting God and waiting for so many miracles to change things, but I have not experienced the reality of that hope. Then it dawned on me.. "Hello.. that's right where He wants me."

When I finally crawl out of my foxhole (that's how I refer to my mountain villa)... and begin to look beyond my needs and trials, I see the smoke around me, coming from other households. Almost everyone that we come in contact with is fighting a battle and I'm reminded that grace is a necessary character trait. A friend called last night and told me about a dream that she'd had that about my family. She said the resounding words that she kept hearing were, "stay the course..stay the course" She said that she say in the dream that we did not yet have the change that we've been praying for, but that we did have joy and peace. WOW.. so true, God tells us that He will never leave us or forsake us. NEVER. BUT we must rely on Him and find our peace in Him, no matter what. So if the battle is still raging, keep fighting, keep trusting, never give up.

No comments: