Friday, January 6, 2012

Ready, Set, Lose

Habakkuk 2:2 gives us the best advice when it comes to achieving our goals...  
Then the LORD answered me and said, "Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run.

I am working on my goals for this year, not be be mistaken for a resolution. I've made those, hundreds of times. Year after year... so this year, I know I have to take a different approach. Lifestyle changes...Long term changes

We are starting this year off by joining Jentezen Franklin's fast for the next 21 days. We are participating by doing a Daniel Fast. We are seeking God for direction and wisdom for this new year and know that fasting is a great tool that helps us to be more sensitive to His voice. The hardest thing for me to give up will be Coke Zero...pray for ME! Also, I'm really trying to remind myself that this fast is not about the food that I'm not eating, it's about training my body to remember that I am in charge of it, it is not in charge of me.  And believe me.. I was telling my body who is the boss of who all day. Especially when I was eating that RAW bar that I picked up at Starbucks. Seriously, I almost went back and told them that they overcharged me for the cardboard block that was mis-packaged as a snack!


My next goal is to really step into running and races. Dan and I ran our first 5k on Thanksgiving Day and we LOVED it!



I can't wait to get back into my routine and back to running on a regular basis... Dan and I are planning to run a few 5k's, 10k's and a half-marathon by the end of this year. I started walking and running on my road because it's 35 minutes to the nearest gym and I simply couldn't afford a membership plus gas. Now, I almost can't imagine going back to working out in a gym. Well, I could be persuaded if it offered fabulous spinning classes! I miss those!

I am looking for inspiration and health/running/eating tips and partners to keep me motivated .... so if you are on the same journey that I am on, email me, message me, or contact me on Facebook ( amydellinger) or Twitter (@AmyDellinger)!

Here are a few other bloggers who are inspiring me and keeping me laughing while they are on a similar journey -

SkinnyRunner - this chickadee seriously logs the miles, every stinkin' day! She's also hilarious and gorgeous!

MckMama - Jennifer is inspiring in so many ways. She makes her own yogurt...What the heck! She's also on a journey to find her fit self and I am cheering her on all of the way. I'm also taking notes on how she's moving forward in health and fitness. 

Big Mama - Melanie had me cracking up while reading her last post on grocery shopping while trying to eat healthier!

I've read so many FB and blog posts about becoming a healthier, better you.. I think so many of us are just tired of being tired and want to feel the best that we can. I live in such a rural area and don't have the option of a gym membership right now... so it's long distance friendships and training. I am commiting to eating healthier, counting calories, and exercising consistenly. Join me, won't you? Who knows, I might get brave and post before and after pictures someday!






No comments: