Thursday, January 12, 2012

Checking In..

Well, it's been a good week. We are on day five of our fast and it's been good. We feel less weighted down (no pun intended) and are seeing God at work on our behalf. I'm not gonna lie, though.. I am missing the Coke Zero. Still reminding myself, I am in charge of my body, not the other way around!

I've done ok with fitness. Three short runs and lots and lots of physical labor. My husband and I cleaned out an old storage building on a farm and I think that they just threw every little piece of scrap metal and wood and even some appliances. Good lord.. I sorted, lifted, threw, and shoveled. I told my hardworking husband more than once.."I never thought I would be doing what we're doing today!" Poor guy...I know that he just wanted to be finished so that I would stop complaining!

I have been keeping a journal of my food and exercise and you would not believe the amount of calories that hard labor can burn! The Lose It app on my iPhone is a great resource.... it is amazing what accountability can do for your eating habits.

Alrighty friends... Hope you're all doing well with your goals and changes. I'd love to hear from  you on your progress!

No comments: