Friday, April 27, 2012

Seek and Pursue

I read this post today and it struck a nerve with me. My heart has been struggling with letting go of a deep hurt. This hurt feels like an 80 pound weight and although I understand forgiveness and that it's not an option, I can't seem to let go of the hurt without wanting to confront the one that inflicted it.


I understand that I can't control what others think of me or how they may choose to portray me and my family. I can't stop someone from lying about me. If someone feels that I have wronged them and then chooses to give their version of how things happened without coming to me, then I understand that I need to be the one to work at correcting the situation. 

I read this verse, 
                                  
I Peter 3:11  
Let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it.

I was reminded that forgiveness isn't an option.. God tells me to seek peace and PURSUE it. So there it is.. I have to let the hurt go. I must choose to do what Christ did for me- 

Forgive without an explanation, Love as if no wrong was done to me. 


So amazing how He helps us to see things His way.. Isn't it?

No comments: